Young Writers Association (YWA), for over twenty years, provided elementary through high school youth with interactive literature-based experiences through workshops, publications, camps, classrooms and in intergenerational settings. Now we welcome Special Requests for literary arts projects, but no longer provide ongoing programming. Use the links below to learn more about our past projects. Let them inspire your next YWA Special Request.
Check out our announcements listed to the right under Hear Ye! Hear Ye!
~ Build excitement around literature and creative writing for elementary through high school youth
~ Read and write with an interdisciplinary approach
~ Motivate young writers through community & inter-generational connections
~ Contribute to the cultural literacy of Lane County youth
- In-School Programs: Workshops, YEA!/YES!Days, Writers in Lane County Schools, Residencies, Assemblies
- After-School Writing Groups: Discover writers your age, test writing tips, participate in a reading
- Family Arts Parties: Playing with a story and its theme, families write, interact, and eat
- Eat Your Words: Inspired by a read-aloud, write, cook & eat
- Teacher Workshops: Ideas for educators
- Lively Literature Camp: Active summer day camps based on great books
- Teen Outdoor Writing Camp: Meet with a different author every afternoon for a week in the summer
- YES! YEA! Days: A great option for kids on No School Days